This is the community supported Dell OpenManage 7.0 repository for 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04 or later versions, as well as Debian Squeeze and Wheezy (pre-release). Debian Wheezy users will need to get libssl0.9.8 from Debian Squeeze or unstable. For PowerEdge 12G servers, it is highly recommended that you are running Ubuntu 12.04 or later. Below, you will find instructions to install and setup OpenManage command-line and web interfaces.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR UPGRADING:
If you are upgrading, in step 4, you must use "apt-get install <meta-package name>" or "apt-get dist-upgrade". Do not use "apt-get upgrade", as doing so will not upgrade all the necessary packages.
1. (Optional for Upgrade) Create a new file ending in 'sources.list' in the '/etc/apt/sources.list.d' directory. Cut and paste the command below. (If typing by hand, note carefully the spacing.)
echo 'deb http://linux.dell.com/repo/community/deb/latest /' | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/linux.dell.com.sources.list
2. To authenticate OMSA packages, add the repository key to apt. Note that you must re-do this step if upgrading from OMSA 6.5 because a new key is being used.
gpg --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-key 1285491434D8786F
gpg -a --export 1285491434D8786F | sudo apt-key add -
3. Make apt aware of the new software repository by issuing the following command:
sudo apt-get update
4. Install one of the following selection of meta-packages to install the OMSA functionality you require:
srvadmin-all:Install all OMSA components
srvadmin-base:Install only base OMSA, no web server
srvadmin-rac4:Install components to manage the Dell Remote Access Card 4
srvadmin-rac5:Install components to manage the Dell Remote Access Card 5
srvadmin-idrac:Install components to manage iDRAC
srvadmin-idrac7:Install components to manage iDRAC7
srvadmin-webserver:Install Web Interface
srvadmin-storageservices:Install RAID Management
For example, to install complete OMSA: sudo apt-get install srvadmin-all
If you are upgrading, you must use apt-get install or apt-get dist-upgrade. Do not use apt-get upgrade, as doing so will not upgrade all the necessary packages.
sudo service dataeng start
Now, you can use omreport, omconfig, and omhelp commands.
For example, you can issue omreport system summary to get details about your system.
You can use omconfig to configure component properties.
omhelp provides help information for commands.
See OpenManage CLI User's Guide for comprehensive documentation.
To use web interface, users with appropriate permissions need to be added.
1. Add users with appropriate permissions to /opt/dell/srvadmin/etc/omarolemap file. See detailed information at Setup and Administration
Example:john_doe * Administrator
2. Start the web server.
sudo service dsm_om_connsvc start
3. Go to https://<ip_address>:1311/ in your browser to access OMSA.
4. If you want to start dsm_om_connvsc service at boot, issue sudo update-rc.d dsm_om_connsvc defaults command.
Uninstall all packages: sudo apt-get --auto-remove remove srvadmin-all
Uninstall all packages including config files: sudo apt-get --auto-remove purge srvadmin-all
OpenManage 7.0 Documentation
OMSA 7.0 Manuals
Server Administrator Readme
For questions and feedback, please use linux-poweredge mailing list.