- The following Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Novell/SuSE Linux Enterprise Server on PowerEdge Servers are fully supported by Dell. For exact versions that are offered on your Dell PowerEdge server, please check the Technical Specifications of your server.
- RHEL 4
- RHEL 5
- SLES 10
- SLES 11
- Unsupported OS that are known to work with Dell PowerEdge Servers.
Support and Documentation
- See support.dell.com for supported drivers.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux on PowerEdge documentation
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server on PowerEdge documentation
- linux-poweredge mailing list
Find out your service tag number
Support is given on your system's service tag number. A system is e.g. a server. Find out your service tag number
- by looking at the label on the chassis
- by using OpenManage
- via a Linux command
dmidecode --string system-serial-number
Dell has both official and community-supported RPM repositories, in yum/repomd format, containing drivers and updates as well as OpenManage applications.
- supported OMSA RPM repository - Dell OpenManage software, official drivers, firmware updates, and other officially supported software.
- community supported Software RPM repository - Dell-developed Open Source software, as well as customer contributed software.
- community supported Firmware RPM repository - BIOS and firmware images in firmware-tools format. Community-support only, posted as a tech preview/beta
The DellTechCenter.com wiki highlights Dell Enterprise Solutions on Dell servers and storage.