This is the community supported Dell OpenManage 6.4 repository for 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04 or later versions, and Debian Squeeze. Below, you will find instructions to install and setup OpenManage command-line and web interfaces.
1. (Optional for Upgrade) Create a new file ending in 'sources.list' in the '/etc/apt/sources.list.d' directory. Cut and paste the command below. (If typing by hand, note carefully the spacing.)
echo 'deb http://linux.dell.com/repo/community/deb/latest /' | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/linux.dell.com.sources.list
2. Make apt aware of the new software repository by issuing the following command:
sudo apt-get update
3. Install one of the following selection of meta-packages to install the OMSA functionality you require:
srvadmin-all:Install all OMSA components
srvadmin-base:Install only base OMSA, no web server
srvadmin-rac4:Install components to manage the Dell Remote Access Card 4
srvadmin-rac5:Install components to manage the Dell Remote Access Card 5
srvadmin-idrac:Install components to manage iDRAC
srvadmin-webserver:Install Web Interface
srvadmin-storageservices:Install RAID Management
For example, to install complete OMSA: sudo apt-get install srvadmin-all
Read errata at the bottom of the page for 6.3 upgrade
sudo service dataeng start
Now, you can use omreport, omconfig, and omhelp commands.
For example, you can issue omreport system summary to get details about your system.
You can use omconfig to configure component properties.
omhelp provides help information for commands.
See OpenManage CLI User's Guide for comprehensive documentation.
To use web interface, users with appropriate permissions need to be added.
1. Add users with appropriate permissions to /opt/dell/srvadmin/etc/omarolemap file. See detailed information at Setup and Administration
Example:john_doe * Administrator
2. Start the web server.
sudo service dsm_om_connsvc start
3. Go to https://<ip_address>:1311/ in your browser to access OMSA.
4. If you want to start dsm_om_connvsc service at boot, issue sudo update-rc.d dsm_om_connsvc defaults command.
Uninstall all packages: sudo apt-get --auto-remove remove srvadmin-all
Uninstall all packages including config files: sudo apt-get --auto-remove purge srvadmin-all
While upgrading from 6.3 to 6.4 you will see a list of config files that are copied as .bak files. If you have modified any of these files to customize OpenManage and would like to keep the changes, please merge changes from a .bak file with the newly installed file. You can delete .bak config files that you did not customize.
Setup and Administration
OpenManage CLI User's Guide
Release Blog Post
32-bit Release Blog Post
For questions and feedback, please use linux-poweredge mailing list.